Though it does not happen every day, there are times when you find yourself locked out of your house. During this time, some people would tend to panic while trying to look for the house key from their bags, wallets or pockets. In case that no key can be found, here are some tips on what to do when you’re locked out of your house. But to prevent this altogether just install key safes uk.
- Check for unlock door or window – Checking for open or unlock door or window should be the first thing to do. Especially if you didn’t intend to leave the house, there could be one place where you can get inside your house.
- Ask for help – In case no opening can be found, you can ask or call for help. If you live with someone else, you can try to call them and see if they are available to help you open the house. If help can be found inside the house, it will solve the problem. However, if it is impossible for the person to get to your location to allow you access in the house, it is better to use other means.
- Use a card – Though most doors are secured, with some effort and luck, it is still possible to open a door using a card. Simply insert the card between the door and the frame to see if the door can be unlock using this method. If not, borrow a screwdriver.
- Use a screwdriver –Screwdriver can be used to remove a window panel from its frame. With careful effort to avoid the panel from breaking, it can be considered easier than trying to unlock the door.
- Break a window – In the event that no immediate help can be acquired or the card and screwdriver technique do no work, breaking a window is an option. If there is a cheap window which can easily be replaced, breaking it will worth the time saved by gaining immediate access to the house.
- Call a locksmith – In case all the above options cannot solve the problem or not possible, a professional locksmith could be the best solution. Professional locksmiths can easily open a door without damaging the lock. It might cost some money but it will save you from the inconvenience of not getting inside your house.
- Look for the keys – Before letting go of the locksmith, it is better to check first if the key can be found. In case the key is lost, replacing the door lock would be a better idea as there could be someone who finds the key and gain access in the house without your permission.
Now you know how to handle a situation where you are locked out of your house.