Nowadays, you would think that every waking moment is captured in some way. I mean, almost everyone carries a phone, if not two, with them wherever and whenever, which allows them to take a quick snap shot of everything. Aside from that, all these social media platforms have somehow compelled everyone to make sure that they took photos of everything so that they could be updated with new happenings.
But, believe it or not, there are some instances where picture takings take the back burner. How come? Well, if you’re the one hosting a party, especially if it’s in your own house, it could really be hard to keep up when you have million things to attend to. Or you could simply be having so much fun with catching up, eating, and laughing with everyone else that you’re totally oblivious to the fact that you haven’t been taking any pictures at all.
Good thing, you can always count on the good old photo booth kent to save your day and your face from guest who would ask for pictures days after the party. Yes, photo booths, is your new best friend. Here are some reasons why you should totally consider getting one the next time you’re having a party over at your house.
- You don’t have to be a nosy host who comes up to every guest who are obviously trying to have a conversation just to “capture the moment”.
- You get to focus on hosting the party because photo booths runs by itself once it’s set up. Therefore, there will still be pictures when the party ends without you having to man the booth personally.
- Everyone gets to decide when to be captured. Unlike if you’re trying to just snap away with your camera to make sure everything’s been documented, awkward shots will be avoided. (A couple making out in the background, people taking a huge bite, drunken Tom passed out behind the sofa)
- It gives guest something to do when they’re not eating, chatting or trying to take advantage of the free booze (no offense drunken Tom J)
- You’re not obliged to update everyone with last night’s party pictures because they can get the photo strips right away when they’re done with the booth.
See how convenient and fun photo booths are? With them around, you can easily host and party without looking like a rag doll after. Plus you still get quirky pictures to remember the day. Think you’ll add photo booth to your next party?Continue Reading...
Are you getting bored of how your home looks right now? Because of that, are you now considering doing a home improvement project, a home makeover or even just replacing some old furniture and adding new ones? If you are, then you must make sure that your home improvements are done right. However, what if you do not have the budget, or what if you really do not want to hire a professional to do the job? Instead, do you want to do your home improvement projects by yourself and save some money? Well, to help you out, here are some tips and reminders to help you get it done on your own.
Tips And Reminders For A Home Improvement Done Right
Owning your very own home is definitely a dream come true for a lot of people. However, you should know that owning a home is not always relaxing. After all, it requires a strong commitment to keeping it clean, well maintained, safe, and running efficiently. Making the occasional repairs and home improvements is typically a big part of owning a home. However, if you want to save money while doing any repairs or home improvements, you should consider doing the job yourself. Here are some tips and reminders that you should keep in mind if you are a dedicated do-it-yourselfer (DIY). You should also keep these tips in mind if you want your home improvement done right.
- Preparing for a paint job like a pro. Do you want to paint your whole room, house or do you just need to cover a crack in the wall? Whatever your reason is, nothing helps to improve or maintain the appearance of your home like paint. Also, did you know that in addition to adding style, when a paint job is done well, it can actually increase the value of your home! However, when painting is not done right, spatters, roller marks and trim paint will be easy to see and it would be very unattractive. We have had a great tip from UK Plaster (ukplaster.com)(who produce a large range of plaster cornice) who have said when painting over coving it is good to water down the paint 1:5 5 parts water for 2 coats first as coving is very porous then after these 2 initial layer then paint on your final colour.
Because of that, do you want your painting home improvement done right? If you do, make sure that you properly prepare for the job. Here are some simple steps you should follow.
- Remove any hardware or fixture that blocks your space. Before you start painting a wall, make sure that you remove any hardware or furniture that may obstruct your job. Also, if you do not want to get paint on your beloved home fixtures, keep them away or carefully wrap them up. Also, remove any switch-plates, curtain rods, and door hinges that can block your paint roller. Although doing all of these may take time, you will definitely not regret it! In fact, once you get them all out of the way, your painting job will go much faster and more efficiently.
- Clean the area first. After you have removed anything that can get in your way and if you now have an unobstructed way to the walls, clean it first. Use a dry cloth or damp sponge to wipe it down. Remember, grime, dust and grease buildup will keep your paint from properly sticking to your walls and it could also result in some streaks. Also, make sure to carefully examine the wall you are about to paint for any gouges, nail holes and other imperfections. Once you find any of these, make sure to fill out any hole and sand any rough spots.
- Start painting. Once you are satisfied that no furniture is blocking you and that there are no more rough spots or holes in the wall, you can now start painting!
- Deal with your doors. Doors are present in every home and in fact, a house can have more than one door! Also, although they may look simple and innocent, doors actually need to be repaired and maintained every now and then. Doors are used a lot and they are prone to sticking and squeaking and, although these problems are considered minor ones, they can still be an annoyance.
Interior wooden doors are not exposed to the elements but they are still subjected to climate changes. In fact, during humid weather, a wooden door can actually swell if there is not enough room in order to accommodate the expansion between the frame and the door. Because of this, you should make sure to inspect your door carefully. Look for any loose or deteriorated screws or hinges and if you find some, fix them right away. Tighten all loose screws by placing a door wedge at the latch end of your door in order to balance its weight. Once the screw looks ok but your door still resists when you close it, remember the tight spots. Also, if your door only sticks during humid months or during rainy days, you should consider getting it planed.
- Repairing your faulty faucet. Leaking faucets is one of the most common problems faced by homeowners everywhere. Although it may sound like a very simple and minor repair, it is actually very important since it can help you save on your water bills. Also, you should remember that when you do not immediately fix your faulty faucet, you are wasting a very important resource needed by billions of people – water. So, do not take this repair lightly and do it properly. Save money and help your environment at the same time.
- Improving your chairs. Are the feet of your chairs scraping away at your beautiful floor finish? Do they leave annoying marks and scratches on your otherwise unblemished floor? If they are, then you should consider improving and modifying your chair! How do you do this? In order to stop it from scratching your floor anymore, you can hammer in some tacks that have felt pads attached. Or if you want, you can attach rubber pads at the foot of your dining chairs, sofas or any chair that you constantly move around. Doing this still allows you to move your chair around – without the scratch marks that it leaves!
These are just four simple repairs and home improvement ideas that you can utilize. Although they might seem like simple and minor things, they are all very important to keeping an efficient home. Follow the tips mentioned above for home improvement done right!